Requesting Digital Certificates through Internet Explorer
There are numerous CA's (Certification Authorities) that issue Class
1 (as defined by Version) Digital Id Certificates.
In this example we will show how Globalsign has set
up its website. Verisign, Thawte, Comodo and others offer similar services.
The example is based on use of a recent version of the Internet Explorer
browser. Click here
to see a similar example for Firefox.
for definitions of Digital Id Certificates.
The procedure Globalsign has put in place foresees:
- Verifying the "Root
- Submitting your email address
- Receiving an email with a password
- Entering your password
- Providing personal data that will be included in the Digital Id certificate
you are requesting
- Accepting the CA's Agreement by clicking on "Agree" (go
to the next step
- Receiving a link to download your new certificate
- Installing your certificate. This will be performed by your browser
(Internet Explorer in this case).
- Confirmation of installation of certificate in your browser
- End of successful acquisition of a Globalsign DEigital Certificate.
- You will need to export the certificate to a file to use it for digitally
signing a PDF file.
Firefox or another browser